I’ve been nominated by Tiegan over at Harbour for the VBA award! Thank you so much for the gesture and I’m glad that my posts have helped you with your writing:) Please go check out Harbour. It’s really interesting and I can get lost there… Also, she’s started up a literary magazine called The Drowning Gull. I’ll be doing a guest post in the magazine soon.
For more information about the VBA Award, click here to get to their site.
Since I’ve been nominated, I’m going to nominate some other bloggers as well as give seven interesting facts about me… but that could get scary so let’s start with the nominations.
The first nomination is for Discover. I love this blog because it has a lot that comes with it. It’s always an interesting and lasting read and I like to keep up with it.
Along with Discover, I’d like to nominate Longreads because of their gripping stories and great job with keeping the readers interested. I am always coming back to check this one out more than most other blogs.
Since I am supposed to nominate 15 bloggers, I’m just going to leave the other 13 in a list. All of these blogs are great for writing advice and techniques, or are just great for inspiration to write. And by inspiration I mean that they have stories or art or even writing on them. I know I’m really tempting you know… They’re all really helpful and I encourage you to check them out when you get the chance. Totally worth it.
So great jobs Discover and Longreads! I’m probably not the first to nominate you, but congrats anyway.
Okay, now we get on to those seven facts… How about we just dive right in?
- When I was five, I wrote a book called How Phillip Johnny Bob Got His Name. In other words, I wrote Junie B. Jones fanfiction before I could even read a chapter book…
- I memorized around 400 digits of pi (yes, the number) in middle school and that was the end of my being good at math…
- My first publication was a novella that was supposed to be a ten page story for English class, but I got carried away and Looking For Lily was born.
- Hot chocolate is my writing drink of choice. I can’t do coffee.
- I’m hosting a beta reading for my next book on April 3rd.
- My first blog post was written on a whim… I didn’t expect anything to actually come of it.
- I’m a cat person. Sorry… but not sorry.
On a separate note, I’ve just posted information and a signup sheet for the upcoming Beta Reading here. It is a great opportunity and spots are filling up quickly. Thanks in advance for participating.
Like this post if you liked it, and you can follow my website via email, WordPress, or any of the social media widgets on the side. If you are reading this on Goodreads, then you can follow me or add me as a friend!
Thank you for reading, and don’t stop writing!